In a move aimed at bolstering air cargo operations, Orlando International Airport (MCO) is looking appoint a new Assistant Vice President for Cargo Business Development.
The appointee would be tasked with spearheading strategic and tactical plans focused on the expansion of air cargo business at MCO.
The newly appointed official would play a pivotal role in engaging with stakeholders across the supply chain to enhance air cargo throughput and elevate MCO’s position in the global supply chain.
- Cargo Marketing Development Plan: The Assistant Vice President will lead the creation of a comprehensive cargo marketing development plan to re-establish a cargo development line at MCO. This includes the direction for the re-establishment of an MCO air cargo association.
- Implementation of Marketing Strategies: Directing the implementation and execution of marketing plans and strategies to attract airlines and cargo services to MCO.
- Prospect Management: Creating and maintaining identified prospects and delivering compelling pitches for new cargo business opportunities.
- Relationship Building: Focusing on building strong relationships with airlines, freight forwarders, and major project forwarders to ensure MCO remains a priority in their planning processes.
- Vertical Market Development: Developing and directing strategies for growing specific vertical markets, including perishables, pharmaceuticals/life sciences, e-commerce, and heavy/project cargo.
- Incentive Programs: Implementing elements of the Air Service Incentive Program (ASIP) related to cargo incentive initiatives.
- Annual Goals and Objectives: Providing input to the establishment of MCO’s annual goals and objectives for cargo development, both internationally and domestically.
- Industry Representation: Representing MCO at trade events and shows to raise MCO’s cargo industry profile and foster relationships with external stakeholders.
- Market Monitoring: Monitoring and reporting on the cargo environment, including market data, domestic and global trends, competitor market performance, and customer developments.
- Budget Management: Directing the annual budget preparation and business plans, managing the approved departmental budget.
- Global Connections: Directing relationships with relevant foreign consulates and trade commissioners to increase trade and cargo opportunities for MCO.
- Infrastructure Development: Collaborating across internal GOAA departments to improve MCO’s efficiency in air cargo operations and planning for infrastructure and facilities expansion in partnership with on-airport developers.
To apply for this position, interested candidates can visit orlandoairports.csod.com.
image credit: Orlando International Airport