- No Poverty: The fight against poverty is one of the highest goals of the global community. This is a challenge that can only be met by sustainably improving living conditions and future prospects. Lufthansa Cargo opens up access to the world market for all regions and thus makes a very concrete contribution to local economic development, especially in emerging and developing countries.
- Good Health and Wellbeing: Health is a valuable commodity. Lufthansa Cargo pursues the goal of promoting a healthy life and the well-being of people by ensuring the worldwide supply of sensitive medical goods – especially in times of crisis. Through extensive investments in pharmaceutical hubs and close partnerships with the pharmaceutical industry, the company is continuously expanding its expertise in the fight to preserve health and wellbeing.
- Decent Work and Economic Growth: Lufthansa Cargo stands for sustained and broad-based economic growth, thus enabling productive and decent work. The company’s history shows that Lufthansa Cargo has always planned and acted for the long term in a volatile market. Phases of high turnover have always been used to make wise investments that paid off in times of crisis. Instead of short-term profit-taking, solid growth is the declared and provable goal of the company.
- Industries, Innovation and Infrastructure: Lufthansa Cargo is committed to sustainable industrialization, supports innovation and is involved in building a crisis-resistant infrastructure.
- Climate Action: Lufthansa Cargo is committed to protecting the environment with measures to mitigate climate change and its effects. Massive investments in new aircraft and lighter equipment as well as participation in CORSIA result in a win-win situation – for the environment and for Lufthansa Cargo: efficiency is increased on the one hand and fuel consumption and CO2 emissions are reduced on the other.
posted on 1st December 2023