Courtesy of www.ufofreight.com
HM Cargo are members in Argentina and have been involved with the UFO family since October 2009.
HM Cargo was founded in 1982 by partners which all held managerial posts within British Caledonian Airways.
They are a medium-sized company with permanent staff at Ezeiza Airport and Buenos Aires port terminals 365 days a year.
The following is an interview with Cargo Manager, Andrés Antinori.
1. When was your company established?
“Our company was established in 1982.”
2. How did you first (personally) get into the freight industry?
“I started out at HM in 1993 when I was 18 years old… 30 years on and I’m still here!”
3. Is your business mainly import or export?
“Mainly import, though we export by air, sea and land and use multimodal solutions to the advantage of both.”
4. Do you specialise in a specific area or type of movement?
“At HM Cargo, we specialise in perishable pharmaceuticals and chemical products.”
5. What are the current trends that you see in transportation?
“Due to the extended COVID situation, transport trends are changing all the time. Costs increased a lot during the past two years, though circumstances are now more stable.”
“This is a great time for us to make the effort and foster a reputation for our company as one offering competitive rates and quality services.”
6. What is your favourite film/series?
7. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
“Due to my family history and Italian origins, I would be interested in visiting Italy; specifically the Colosseum.”
8. What is a skill you’d like to learn and why?
“I would like to learn to sail and have a boat to rest in whilst cruising through the middle of the sea.”