Air France KLM Martinair Cargo (AFKLMP Cargo) is constructing a brand-new climate-cool room at its Schiphol Pharma Hub, a new step in preparation for the distribution of Covid-19 vaccines, which will be handled by a dedicated task force, as announced last month. The additional cold room (COL), with temperatures ranging from +2°C to +8°C, will provide the capacity required to handle Covid-19 vaccines.
Using the latest technology, AFKLMP Cargo will offer:
- Additional 2,061 m3 in storage space;
- Dangerous Goods and DRY ICE compatible service;
- Additional 152 skid positions;
- Flexible temperature range;
- Flexible racks to accommodate odd-sized shipments;
- Monitoring from a central control room;
- Temperature alarm system;
- Speed door to limit exposure;
- Synthetic floor.